We’ve been building up to Christmas for several weeks and soon we will find ourselves stuffed and surrounded by piles of wrapping paper! When it’s here I wish it could just slow down, but as soon as Christmas is over I’m usually anxious to get the decorations down and get the house back to “normal”. I think I just like the idea of a clean slate and that’s exactly what the New Year brings.
Oh, how I love a fresh new calendar with all of it’s possibilities! I’m also a perpetual list maker (like seriously, I have a problem) 🙂
When I read Brittney’s list at Ever So Britty, I knew I wanted to create my 16 goals for 2016 . She was inspired by this post from Acorns and Lemonade.
So here’s my 16 for 2016:
*This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosures here.
1. GIVE GOD THE BEST PART OF MY DAY– For me this is before the craziness of the day gets started. I would love to have quiet time for prayer and devotionals first thing in the morning.
2. COME UP WITH AT LEAST 5 MEALS THAT THE WHOLE FAMILY ENJOYS– We have some picky eaters, so a few nights without complaints would be really nice.
3. DECLUTTER– We’ve accumulated a lot of “stuff” and it’s time to clean out and simplify, which brings me to #4…
4. TRY THE KONMARI METHOD– Not sure if I will be able to live by this, but I want to at least read “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and see what all the fuss is about.
FINISH START THE SUNROOM– We’ve been in our house for over 4 years, and the sunroom is still empty!
6. LEARN TO SEW– I bought a sewing machine a few years ago at The World’s Longest Yard Sale, and I haven’t gotten the nerve to use it yet. I still love no-sew projects, but it would be great to at least know how to use the sewing machine.
7. CREATE AN EDITORIAL CALENDAR– I would like to create and maintain an editorial calendar to keep me on track with the blog.
8. MAKE SOME BLOGGING FRIENDS– It would be great to work with other bloggers in my niche on projects and link parties.
9. HAVEN CONFERENCE– Speaking of blogging friends, I already feel like the bloggers I follow are my “friends” even if they have no idea who I am. I am excited to attend Haven in August so I can meet some of them and learn from the best.
10. BUILD SOMETHING– Ok, so I’m a little afraid of using power tools but I really want to complete a building project by myself (Adam usually handles the tools). I have some Shanty 2 Chic projects I really want to try!
11. VOLUNTEER– I’m a part of the launch team for Kristen Welch’s new book, “Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World”, and if it has shown me anything, it’s that our family struggles with entitlement and I would like for us all to find ways to take the focus off of ourselves and help others.
12. WORK IN THE YARD– Our house came with a yard full of gorgeous plants/flowers and I would like to learn how to care for them (or at least the hydrangeas).
13. EXERCISE– Not looking to run any marathons, but I do need to get in a better exercise routine.
14. FAMILY TRIP– We went on a cruise for Spring Break last year, so we may not plan a huge vacation for 2016…maybe somewhere close by. The goal is just to have a new family experience and make some memories!
15. VISIT THE SILOS- Ok, so this probably won’t happen in the next year, but a girl can dream. I’m going one day! Chip and Joanna, here I come!
16. GET A TATTOO– Actually, I plan to get 2 of them, and it’s not what you think. I’ll share the story one day but this will be the final step to the new me after my double mastectomy in June. (Yes, 2015 came with some major surprises and challenges).
See, aren’t lists great? It feels so good to have some ideas written down of what I want to accomplish. I’m sure I won’t get to them all, and if this next year is anything like the last, I may not get to any of them 🙂
What are your goals for 2016?
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!