I hope everyone had a successful Black Friday and got some amazing deals. Now it’s time to get all of those gifts wrapped! Instead of using that leftover paper from last year, why not get creative and make your own cute wrapping paper with DIY stencils!
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosures.
HOW TO CREATE WRAPPING PAPER WITH DIY STENCILS:
1) Wrap your gifts in solid paper (like this brown Kraft paper).
2) Find the image you like online (or create it in Photoshop or PicMonkey) and use it trace onto your stencil blank.
I created one to look like a gift tag (this will also save $ on tags!) and the other is ornaments.
3) After you’ve traced your design, cut along the lines with an Xacto Knife to reveal your stencil.
4) Fill in your design with paint. It’s best to use a round stencil brush and get most of the paint off first. You could also use a roller brush like this one that attaches to the bottle of paint. Just try to keep the paint going in one direction (up or down). This will help to prevent bleeding under your stencil.
5) Once you’ve finished stenciling, let it dry and then add some embellishments. This is the fun part! I filled in my ornaments with a white chalk marker. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Just have fun! You could even let the kids help.
The possibilities truly are endless and you can make your gifts a part of your Christmas decor!
So, this year leave that Poinsetta wrapping paper where it is, get some stencil blanks and get creative! I would love to hear your ideas for creating your own stencils!