It should come as no surprise that I like a good deal. After all, I do most of my home decor shopping at the thrift store! 🙂 So I could not believe how many great deals I had been missing out on by not taking advantage of these simple ways to earn cash back! I don’t want you to miss out so today I’m sharing my favorite ways to earn cash and save money while you shop.
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosures.
SWAGBUCKS– This is my favorite way to earn cash back because it’s so easy!! You can cash in your Swagbucks for gift cards (Visa, Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart just to name a few)
- Search the internet- Just change your default search browser and start earning anytime you search…it’s EFFORTLESS!!
- Watch videos
- Take surveys
- Refer a Friend (When your friend signs up, you receive 10% of whatever they earn FOR LIFE!)
*Be sure to follow Swagbucks on social media. They will post swag codes that can be used to earn even more!
EBATES– Another super easy way to earn cash back! If you do any shopping online, there is no reason not to use Ebates. They offer up to 40% cash back from over 2,000 stores. I mean, you’re going to shop anyway, WHY NOT GET CASH BACK?
When you’re ready to shop, just head to the Ebates website and type in the store you want. It will tell you the percentage of cash back offered, if available. Click the link and start shopping. You won’t notice any difference except the money you earn back…it’s really that simple!!
- Shop online through Ebates
- Earn $10 just for signing up
- Refer a friend- Invite your friend to join and get $25 when they sign up!
By the way, if you do plan to shop online you should definitely consider Amazon Prime. I started using Prime about a year ago and it has been well worth it! I get most of the items I order (because I choose Prime eligible items whenever possible) in 2 days with FREE SHIPPING!
I prefer to shop online (unless I’m thrift store shopping), but sometimes I have to actually go to the store. I don’t know why, but I have always hated grocery shopping! It’s gotten a lot better now that I’ve found ways to start earning cash back every time I step into the store (literally!).
SHOPKICK– Love this app!! It’s seriously like playing a game when you’re shopping. There are so many ways to earn and most of them don’t even involve spending money! Yep, you can earn kicks just for walking into a store!
- Scan products (each store lists products to scan for points…no purchase necessary)
- Earn even more for purchases
- Refer a friend (earn 250 kicks when a friend signs up and completes a walk-in within 7 days)
*Tip- Have to take your kids to the grocery store? Turn Shopkick into a game…let them search for the products to scan. It’s like a little treasure hunt…who needs Pokemon Go?! 🙂
Wal-Mart Savings Catcher– Ok, so I’ll admit it. I don’t really like shopping at Wal-Mart, but sometimes it’s just convenient. At least I can now scan my receipts and they’ll give me cash back for any lower competitor price they find!
Receipt Pal– Just scan your receipts from anywhere and earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards. They only accept a limited amount of users at a time, so there might be a wait. It took a few weeks for me to get accepted.
Ibotta– Earn cash back for purchases by unlocking rebates on items you plan to purchase. Then scan the barcodes on the purchased items and submit a photo of your receipt. Ibotta also offers cash for referrals and you can earn even faster by growing your team!
Checkout 51– Earn cash back for purchases (similar to Ibotta).
WAYS TO SAVE:
If you like earning cash back you probably like saving money too, am I right? Here are some of my favorite ways to save:
- Honey– This is really cool! It’s a browser extension that will automatically apply coupon codes for online purchases. It does the work for you and you never have to wonder if you are getting the best price!
- Hobby Lobby– get 40% off a regular priced item (get the coupon online or using the app)
- Publix– choose digital coupons on the app (no more clipping and organizing coupons!)
Ok, it’s time to download a few apps and start earning cash back!